1) Christmas is this weekend! I cannot wait! I am so excited. Christmas means so much to me I can’t even explain, it’s so much more than gifts and cookies.
2) In honor of Christmas the weather has given me a present…it finally snowed! Little more than a dusting, but snow nonetheless!
3) Last weekend I went to Minnesota to celebrate Christmas with my boyfriend and his family and had a wonderful time. The entire family cooks and loves food (would I date someone who didn’t?) and we made some amazing meals.
|Salmon tacos with all the fixin's and a cilantro lime mayo|
|Pumpkin and sage ravioli with a brown butter balsamic sauce|
4) And, to be a little mushy since it is the holidays and all, I made some pretty amazing memories too.
5) Today I finished a ten pound bag of flour, over two pounds of butter, and a bottle of vanilla.Winning.
6) I should have put this on my Christmas list. I got prune hands from washing my one bowl over and over again while I made six different kinds of dough today.
7) My baking uniform today was t-shirt, athletic shorts, a vintage apron, and fuzzy slippers. Don’t knock it ‘til you try it!
8) I read a great tip on David Lebovitz the other day. Use an ironing board as a makeshift counter top when you run out of space! It's genius!