1) I’m (finally) finished with class for the quarter. And as is customary for me before the hellish, soul crushing experience that is finals week I made my way into Chicago to treat myself.
And second breakfast.
2) I get that Chicago is called the “Windy City” and it’s supposedly because of all the political hot air that blows around that city but yesterday, I swear, it was hurricane season on Lake Michigan. I was almost blown over multiple times.
3) I found shelter from the elements at Trader Joe’s. I love grocery shopping there – it’s so fun and totally different from anything I have at home or even near campus. The products are quality, but creative, and nowhere near as expensive as Whole Foods. I picked up supplies to make some of these for a friend’s going away party.
4) These somehow found their way into my cart too. I don’t know why these little toffee and chocolate bits of joy are called “pillows” since eating them made me ANYTHING but tired, but I’m not going to split hairs. I’m in love. And inspired. I now have vision of toffee coffee chocolately treats swirling around in my head. I guess that’s really no different than any other day.
5) My trips into the city almost always last waaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer than I plan. But, because of that I usually end up finding things I didn’t plan on or expect to see. Like a new pair of shoes and a cute vintage apron to start out spring. Me = excited.
6) I will most likely be wearing my new apron over spring break (in only 7 days!). I’ve been tapped to make treats and meals for and with my family, and I cannot wait. My dad wants banana pudding. I want to make it from scratch, no box. None. Notta. I’m having difficulty finding the right base vanilla recipe because they almost all use an instant box mix. I love box mixes as much as the next person but, I feel like if I’m going to wear the vintage apron I’ve got to do the vintage work, know what I’m sayin?
7) I have major Spring Fever induced by the 68 degree temps we’ve had this week. I want flip flops and sundresses and ice tea nownownownownow!
8) I don’t get that yet? Guess I’ll settle for extra puppy chow. I have to make sure it's good enough for those cupcakes. It's all about
portion quality control!