Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thursday Things


1)     First things first, in a few short hours I will be hearing a lecture by THE PRESIDENT OF THE FOOD NETWORK. Yes, that’s right, Brooke Bailey Johnson, THE PRESIDENT OF THE FOOD NETWORK, will be speaking at a forum here at school. Typing the words makes me shake a little bit. This is why I am in school.

2)     Remember those Little Debbie Fudge Round cookie sandwiches from last Tuesday grade school? Yeah, a couple of weeks ago I made an amazing copycat version. You can find them up here.


3)     Part of the reason I’ve been so absent lately is because I’m on staff for the new food publication at school, Spoon. It’s the start of something big. And, it’s taking some time that would normally go to blogging so from time to time I’ll be posting links to my articles there to satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth.

4)     Something satisfying my sweet tooth? Mug cakes. Or cakes in a cup. Or cups of cake. Whatever they’re called, I’ve been making them and am in love. So far I’ve made an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie one, a double chocolate peanut butter version, and one boasting graham crackers and chocolate chips (sadly, I was out of marshmallow fluff).


5)     Animals with stuffed animals. That is all.

6)     Last weekend I made this amazing dish of sautéed vegetables and baked eggs. It was the perfect mid-afternoon pseudo-dinner. I just cooked some mushrooms, peppers, onions, and cherry tomatoes in olive oil until soft, made small wells to crack in eggs and covered in tons of parmesan cheese. Baked the whole pan in a 350 degree oven for about 8 minutes and voila! Veggie baked eggs.


7)     Now I’m hungry.

8)     Did I mention that THE PRESIDENT OF THE FOOD NETWORK is speaking at my school today. Excuse me while I pass out.

Happy Thursday!
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment