Saturday, August 18, 2012

Thursday Things...on Saturday


1)     This was supposed to be written two days ago and it wasn’t. Instead Thursday was spent saying goodbye to friends  as they go on big, international adventures, buying cute polka dot dresses for 60% off, and eating banana, caramel, and coffee ice cream sundaes. Laughing until we were in pants wetting territory was also involved (TMI? Probably. But my friends are funny.)
2)     Thursday was full of good things.
3)     Wednesday night was too. I went and saw Brave with my family. I laughed, gasped, and cried while watching it. And three ginger babies? Are you kidding me?! You win again, Pixar.
4)     There was also La Luna. And the most adorable animated youngster I have ever seen.

5)     I did not watch a single Shark Week related show. I see this as both a success and a failure. Success because I was able to avoid the inevitable 7 hours of television watching that would accompany “just watching one show.” Failure because I was able to avoid the inevitable 7 hours of television watching that would accompany “just watching one show.” Some people say I’m complicated.
6)     It's not as hard to make room for a two pound container of Ghiradelli white chocolate chips in an already overflowing cupboard as I used to think it was. 
7)     I’m finding the sound of typing to be incredibly soothing lately. But then I remember how it sounds like school. And THEN I remember how I am starting class in a little over a month. And how I move down to my apartment in only a few weeks. And how my financial aid is all wonky. And how I still haven’t bought a microwave cart. And then I start to panic.
8)     5 minute, early-morning yoga sessions in pajamas. Let’s do this.
9)     This new map thing on Instagram? I don’t get it.

1 comment:

  1. Thursday WAS awesome! Impromptu roadtrip, new jeans, eating Haagen Dasz ice cream and having the new jeans still fit, gorgeous weather, late night talk with my sister, late night Sports Center with my brother, and shopping, laughing, and having a good talk with good friends. All in one day! Can't wait to do it all again sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete