1) I got a tough lesson in the value of patience the other day. I didn’t want to wait for butter to soften on the counter so I threw it into the microwave for “just a few seconds.” Yeah, fast-forward a minute (because I got distracted, surprise, surprise) and I had butter so soft it had formed a puddle on the bottom of the microwave. That was fun to clean up. Except not.
2) Last night a few of my favorite guys treated me to dinner, a few bites of red velvet cake, and a heavy dose of laughter. It was wonderful.
3) Finished my final today in a little over an hour. I’m going to attribute that to
my completely lack of preparation this tweet of
encouragement I got from Haagen Dazs.
4) This is so fetch!
5) I’m pretty fortunate to be friends with former teachers. And one such friend made an impromptu visit last Friday. I was treated to some amazing (AH-MAY-ZING!) Korean food, groceries, and supplies to make my own Dook Bae Gi. Thanks again Rae!
6) I got even more Korean food on Tuesday when I hit up bopNgrill to write a review. You’ll have to wait until February to hear my thoughts on the restaurant but this pick of the kimchi fries should keep you full until then!
7) While watching even more Dawson’s Creek (it’s a sickness, I tell you), there was scene where Dawson had to hide under a table and I couldn’t help but think how this would be totally impossible nowadays. In 1999 teenagers didn’t have cell phones that were going off every minute with new Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram notifications. Not to mention the incessant text messages. Anyone’s cover would totally be blown in a matter of seconds!
8) I can’t believe I just said “nowadays.” Oy.
9) There’s a reason I don’t study (besides laziness), because when I study bad things happen. Like on Tuesday night when I had plans to review for my Russian Lit final but then ended up having car problems. I tried unsuccessfully for four hours to fix it, attempting everything I could think of to get it started, and then proceeded to cry. Eventually I had to call a tow truck. The driver was really nice though and ended up giving me a restaurant recommendation – so it wasn’t a complete waste.
10) Watching these isn’t a complete waste either. Trust me, I did just that last night. Totally cultural.
11) Today marks the first day of my winter break. From here on out I’ve got three glorious weeks of no class, discussion sections, or assignments. Oh happy day.