Monday, August 6, 2012

Eggs Fried In Peppers

I eat eggs every day. Sometimes multiple times a day. Eggs are quick, easy, and full of protein. They satisfy me after a tough workout or keep me full during my long shifts at work. While I don’t think it’s excessive (it’s normal to go through two dozen eggs solo in one week, totally normal) it can get a bit boring.



So when a friend sent me a link on Facebook showing me a new way to prepare eggs my first thought was “Man, how come I didn’t think of that!” and my second was “I know what I’m having for breakfast tomorrow.


Flower Power Eggs 1865x1865
Source

To me, fried eggs are delicious and luxurious. More exciting than plain egg whites or scrambled eggs and easier than attempting an omelet (I’ve nearly given up hope); there’s nothing I love more than sopping up the runny yolk with a crisp piece of toast while draining the last dregs of coffee from my mug.

Incorporating veggies into breakfast is just an excuse to eat more cookies later added bonus. I always feel healthier when I start off the day with vegetables.


Eggs Fried In Peppers, serves 1 but can be easily doubled or tripled (adapted from Donna at ApronStrings Blog)

1 bell pepper, seeded and cut into rings

2 whole large eggs

Olive oil

Salt and pepper, to taste

Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Drizzle in olive oil, about 2 teaspoons or so.

To seed and cut pepper: cut off top of pepper and scoop out ribs and seeds. Cut pepper crosswise to create closed pepper rings.

Place pepper rings in heated skillet and crack an egg in each pepper. Season with salt and pepper and allow eggs to cook until desired level of doneness is reached.

Serve with toast points and a side of fruit.


Now, about those cookies…

No comments:

Post a Comment