Thursday, August 9, 2012

Thursday Things


1)     This is going to sound very un-American…but I am going to be really happy when the Olympics are over. Before I get cyber-slapped in the face, hear me out. I love the Olympics. I think they are a prime example of the amazing feats the human body is capable. And I love watching the good ol’ U S of A kick butt (re: women’s soccer (!!!)). But, I can’t handle the stress. I get beyond anxious watching the athletes. And then I stress eat. And then I look at the tiny gymnasts and divers and I eat some more because they are so teeny I feel like someone should be making up for them. I can’t handle another night of spooning cookie butter into my mouth as I watch athletes perform. It’s too stressful. And don’t even get me started on if we don’t win an event (see: women’s 400 hurdles).

2)     I drove past the most beautiful field of sunflowers today. That was something completely new to me. I have never seen an entire field just FULL of sunflowers. It was the most beautiful, awe-inspiring sight; pops of yellow and black as far as the eye could see. I was tempted to take a picture but A) I was driving and while that normally wouldn’t stop me…B) my dad was with me and C) he already thinks I'm a bad driver it was raining pretty heavily. The clouds and gloom from the storm only made the flowers pop even more, it was really uplifting to look at.

3)     Even though it kept me from taking a picture of the sunflowers, the rain has given me an excuse to bake banana muffin and a spice infused Bundt cake. Not that I needed the excuse.

4)     A brisk (and slightly damp) run is a way better cure for being over-tired than a nap. I’m just not a napper. Totally throws off my already finicky sleep schedule.

5)     I am already excited for fall. I’m dying to wear sweaters and drink tea and burn pumpkin caramel spice-y like candles in my new apartment. I may or may not have made a Pinterest board. August what?

6)     Surf and Turf Stuffed Manicotti. I’m just going to let that marinate for a minute…now…wipe the drool off the keyboard.

7)     My dad and I went for lunch today at this little cafe a few towns over. The place is cramped, loud, and only open from March – November and I love it. The food is great, the coffee is perfect, and the owner, Holly, couldn’t be sweeter. I want to be her when I grow up.

Dad: "What are you doing? Why do you keep messing with your phone? Are you taking a picture of me?!"

8)     Too funny.

9)     I knew I had been freezing avocados for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment