Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Salted Caramel and Pumpkin Smashing S'mores


I’m sorry. I’ve been slacking lately. And I wish I could tell you why.


I’m normally a very punctual person. Possibly annoyingly so. I’m 10 minutes early to work, I’m always waiting on my friends to be ready to leave, I sit in the front of class by choice – getting there before majority of my classmates to pick my ideal seat (all pathetic and all true). 


And this treat right here? I’ve only been wanting to share it with y’all since the spring! Like, I thought of it in May during my history class (notes? Who takes notes?) and patiently waited until fall to bust it out. I mean, it’s pumpkin, caramel, spicy goodness. Basically the epitome of this glorious season.

And yet, I sat on this recipe. I stalled and waited and put it off and waited some more. I managed to share a pic on Instagram weeks ago, but that’s as far as I got…that, and eating all of these lovelies in 2.6 days. I am shamefully late in sharing these Salted Caramel Pumpkin Smashing S’mores. I kept the beautiful combination of pumpkin graham crackers, salted caramel swirled marshmallows, and sweet white chocolate coating all to myself. And for that, I am sorry.


Salted Caramel and Pumpkin Smashing S’mores (inspired by How Sweet Eats)



16 oz. white chocolate or candy coating, chopped

Pumpkin pie spice, for topping

Fill a medium saucepan with 2 inches of water and set over medium heat. Place glass bowl over pan, being sure water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl, bring water to a simmer.

Line a baking sheet with waxed paper and set aside.


When water is simmering (not boiling), reduce heat to low and add 8 oz. of the chopped white chocolate to bowl. Allow to warm and heat through, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and add remaining 8 oz. of chocolate. Stir until all chocolate has melted.


Place one marshmallow on one graham cracker and place in melted chocolate. 


Using a spoon, pour melted chocolate over marshmallow and graham until completely coated.


With a fork, lift s’more out of chocolate and tap off excess chocolate on side of bowl.


Place s’more on prepared cookie sheet and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice.

Repeat process of dunking, dipping, tapping, and sprinkling with remaining grahams and marshmallows. When all s’mores are assembled, place in fridge for 15 – 20 minutes to set up before enjoying.

S’mores may be stored for up to three days in an air tight container.


And by sorry, I mean really full. 

No comments:

Post a Comment