Saturday, October 13, 2012

Tea Time


Help me understand something. Help me understand why people don’t like the taste of water. My older sister is one of these weirdos. She claims to detest the taste of water and rarely, if ever, drinks it. I think she’s nuts. I mean, it’s water…so it tastes like water. Which is fine by me, I like water. Usually.


Until this past week when I got sick and my taste buds went all wonky, as they’re prone to do when I’m sick. I also didn’t have much of an appetite for a few days so I was totally thrown off balance. Just wandering through life in a Nyquil induced stupor.


Tea helped with that. It warmed me up (even though I finally have heat!), kept me hydrated, and was just all around soothing. 

I’ve been particularly fond of these five flavors. Some are herbal blends, some are caffeinated, all are delicious.


-       Green Ginger: I love TAZO teas and I have been obsessed with this one for a few years now. It’s subtly sweet and spicy and pairs well with a lot of other teas.
-       Wild Sweet Orange is the tea at drink at night when I’m craving something sweet but don’t want to eat right before bed.
-       Rest: Something about this tea just puts me right to sleep. It may be more psychological than anything, but this works for me. I thought rose hips in a tea would be weird and too florally, but this tea is far from it.
-       Plantation Mint: This, to me, is the quintessential tea drinkers tea. A good black tea with the taste of spearmint. Adding a teaspoon of sugar makes it even better.
-       Chai Tea Vanilla: My newest find and latest obsession, this has all of the flavor I love without the over powering aftertaste I often associate with chai. The vanilla is almost more of a scent than a flavor, but really adds lightness to the tea.

Organized chaos, like my life.

Give one of these a try the next time you’re feeling under the weather. Or the next time you just want something delicious that isn’t water or coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment